Application of the latest precise agricultural technology and ICT innovation to convert unused & arable land and traditional agriculture into farmland and Green revolution.
SMART farm or PRECISION agriculture is an environment friendly farming practice that helps in higher agricultural production by optimizing the use of relevant resources in accordance to the real need of the plants. Digital agriculture incorporates the latest innovations in the precision agriculture enabling efficient production and guarantee the food security even under future uncertainties such as climate change, land and labor problems.
It consists of a major three interrelated components in Agricultural science and engineering they are:
Source of data :
Acquired digital data stored via Internet of Things (IoT) system in cloud. AI and ML applications are used to process and analyze the data.
Through IoT with mobile devices data is disseminated and proper information are provided to farmers to make decisions and carry out various farming activities such as planning for cultivation, irrigation management, fertilizer and pest management, etc.
Advantages of Digital Agriculture
- Saves cost by effectively using inputs such as fertilizer, seeds and harvesting crops.
- Better monitoring of crops and avoiding crop losses through diseases and pests' infections or adverse weather.
- Help in optimizing water use and improve irrigation.
- Better planning of farm activities.
- Maximize productions and ultimately increase profit margins.
- Crop re-scheduling to optimize plant-climate.
- Improve and develop farmers' innovative ideas, skills and interest.
- Increase yield production to guarantee food security and country’s economic growth.